Submit an Article
20s is a digital storytelling platform. We serve as an outlet for 20-somethings – just like us – to voice the real successes, concerns and experiences of our lives through our content. We aim to represent the authenticity, drive and creative energy that shape our generation.
We follow a model that makes our passion for authenticity paramount. For our submissions, we ask that writers avoid tropes and generalizations. Keep your story real and don’t be afraid to get vulnerable.
To find out more about us and our mission, check out our About page.
A collection of first-hand stories told by 20-somethings.
Our Dear 20s column is the bread and butter of our site. It is entirely submissions-based and is hard to find on any other platform. This column features a wide variety of authors and titles. We are interested in pieces that tell a sincere story about growth—or stagnation, if that’s your focus. In order to find your story a home on our site, we need to see a proposal that includes the following items:
- One to two paragraphs that give us an idea of what your submission will be about
- A 150-250 word excerpt from your piece, if you have one.
Discover the stories of others through interviews, profiles and one-on-ones.
This column is all about giving people doing great things a platform to voice their journeys, beliefs and even projects. If you want to cover someone, or are looking for a place to pitch an interview idea, this column is the place to do it.
When life gets too crazy, read this, recharge and bounce back.
Bounce Back houses our listicles, EYE CANDY series and more. If you’ve written a piece that you think would work for Bounce Back, submit it below.
Our Editing Process
We believe in working with our writers to help create the best work that finds and inspires a wide audience. After you pitch your submission to us, we’ll respond with any pieces of advice we have or direction. If approved, you’ll send us your article and it will go through our editing process.
We pride ourselves on our quick response time when selecting your articles. You should hear back from us within the week.
- Multiple Submissions Policy
- Your piece must be original content. If it’s been published elsewhere, it doesn’t have a place on our site.
- If you want to be an anonymous writer for our site, include your reasons why in your submission.
- Staff Writers
- We at 20s are always looking for intelligent, driven and creative storytellers to join our family. If you want to be a staff writer for our site, submitting articles and pitching ideas is a great place for you to start.
Have any questions? Head over to our Contact page to reach out and we will get back to you as soon as we can.